Tuesday, June 28, 2011

today, on facebook

The best, coolest things ever uttered to me in the shortest amount of time took place on my facebook page today. Here's what went down.

I posted:


I'm highly dubious as to the infinite nature of anything. I believe that infinity (at least as I've heard and read it defined) does not exist. Nothing is infinite. That's my totally unscientific and (therefore) somewhat meaningless theory is anyway.

And here's what my peeps had to say: 

18 hours ago ·  · 

  • Troy Cunningham likes this.

    • Troy Cunningham What about change. Is change infinite? If is not, then something has to be infinite.
      17 hours ago · 

    • Jay Bailey as a practical matter, physicists will argue that infinity does not exist in nature. it exists only in theory. so, you're not unscientific at all.
      16 hours ago · 

    • Kim Possible oh Esme, I miss you
      16 hours ago · 

    • Troy Cunningham And then there is pi ,irrational number, meaning unending digits. the value itself is not infinite because it has an exact value. food for thought.
      16 hours ago · 

    • Peter Westcott My adoration for you has no end...
      13 hours ago · 

    • Brooke Gregson Thank you Esme for this thought. The idea of infinity has always scared
      me...but then again I would not want to waste a moment thinking of the alternative! Sometimes I really can't believe you are my twin. Call me!!

      12 hours ago · 

    • Pete Sprankle So you are one of those darn Infiniti deniers?
      12 hours ago · 

    • Esme Gregson 
      I cannot express how touched I am by the comments that y'all posted here today. I'm embarrassed by how moved and gratified I am. Speechless. @Troy: Testify, son! @Jay: Your post precisely describes why i love rational, scientific minds--itinstantly calmed and restored me! You clarified my point brilliantly! @Kim: And I, you! I'm very keen on taking a vacay soon, so you've been duly warned! @Peter: Marry me, you fool! @Pete: I'm a denier of all luxury brands which employs an i in the place of a y. Boo-gie perpetrators, perpetratin' without no dictionary! @Brooke: Brooke, I am infinitely aware of the fact that you are the bestest sister ever. Hands down. No question. You are bona fide! And I' love you.

No comments: