Saturday, July 25, 2009

My first yelp!


814 Broadway
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 394-3504

Bodega Wine Bar

Category: Wine Bars
Neighborhood: Santa Monica

4 star rating
6/28/2009
Sadly, I don't get to go out as often as I'd like, so, I was pretty excited when a cute boy took me to have a drink at Bodega on Friday night. The bouncer, who (for around a minute) was my bff because he kept me from being the only person to notice a woman's outfit that was so bewildering, I would have suffered miserably had I been the only person observant enough to appreciate it and make fun of it. (The woman left when I arrived, it's not like I was pointing at her and laughing or anything.)

Inside, the patrons of the bar were far less interesting or fun as the bouncer. The dj (DJ Wildcat, if I heard him right...) was playing amazing music and no one was dancing. Because no one was dancing, I felt too embarrassed to ask my date to dance...it made me sad, because I wanted to show him my moves!

Anyway, it was weird. I don't know if people weren't dancing because the 'dance floor' is roughly the size of a dinner plate or if they weren't dancing because they're really robots, posing as young urban professionals. So, i just had to sit there in my chair and try not to wiggle about or look like that dumb chick in the Mitsubishi commerical--but that's fucking hard when you hear your favorite Justice song (no, not D.A.N.C.E.!! Go a little deeper in their iTunes list, please!)...mashed with some ridiculously topical Michael Jackson song that I can't remember right now. Brilliant. Go for the atmosphere and the terrific staff--but bring your own group of friends, because the people who go to this bar don't deserve it.

No comments: